2015/03/15

You're Not Alone

Ever since I was little, my Mom and I would gather around the piano and she would play while I sang "You're Not Alone" by Michael McLean.  Over the years I ended up taking this song for granted.  But recently, I thought of the beautiful lyrics and it brought a lot of peace into my life.

Lately I have been feeling down and depressed.  (And that is totally okay.  There is nothing wrong with that.) But I have felt so alone for a long time.  I've felt like no one except my family cares or supports me in anything I do.

You see, I have a lot of things going on.  From being a full time student to working full time to being the second counselor in the Relief Society Presidency to extracurricular activities, I am one busy lady.  So the other week, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off.  (I like to think that I have it all together but truthfully, I don't.)  So I had this really busy week, work was really busy and I had a lot of things to do for school.  There was also a big Relief Society activity to prepare for on Saturday.  So, I didn't really have time for anything besides school, work, and Relief Society.  And I felt so alone.  I was hoping that my roommates and friends would come and support me in my Relief Society activity and at least check in on me throughout the week with school and work but nope, nada, zip, nothing.  In fact, I didn't talk to anyone except for my Mom and my little Sister for a few days.  And I was so heartbroken!  I thought that more than anyone, my friends would be there for me.  But they weren't...and I felt so alone.

I felt like no one cared.  At least that's what it seemed like.  It was me and myself against world with an occasional pep talk from my family.  But I came to this realization that even though I felt alone, I really wasn't.  I always have a few people with me: the Holy Ghost, our Savior, Jesus Christ, and our Loving Heavenly Father.  All I have to do is let Them in and that is all you have to do too...just let Them in.




"You're Not Alone" by Michael McLean

~Lyrics~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little song to help you get along.
It will see you through when you're feeling blue.
And though it's not profound, when you're feeling down, so down,
Sing this little tune, and you'll feel better soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not alone,
even tho' right now you're on your own.
You are loved in ways that can't be shown;
You're needs are known;
You're not alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when you cry,
You're just letting go a heartache deep inside.
So tomorrow there'll be sunshine and sky -
and love close by;
You're not alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I know that it's not easy,
but I know that it won't last.
'Cause one who loves you more than I
is sending blessings fast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not alone,
say it one more time.
"I'm not alone."
And even when it's hard to find the words.
Your prayers are heard
You're not alone.
You're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parenting - We Can Do It!

Care for Self, Understand, Guide, Nurture, Motivate, Develop, and Advocate are the seven categories that the National Extension Parent Educ...