2015/04/05

Peace and Joy

Lately, I have had a lot on my plate...and my mind.  We all know that life can be hectic and crazy.  As a typical college student, I am constantly making decisions that will affect me for the rest of my life.

What classes am I going to take next semester?   What job am I going to apply for?  What should I major in?  Is this the right guy for me?

These are just some of the daily questions that come across my mind.  We all have different ways to deal with our thoughts and questions.  
For my Mom, she pounds it out and ponders while playing the piano.  
My roommate Felicia deals with things by writing or drawing.  
My best friend Hannah bakes..
When I was in high school, I would hit the pool and pound it all out while doing some laps.  A lot of my best ponderings would happen while I was swimming.  But now, I go to the Temple.  

As a junior in high school, my friends and I came up with a brilliant plan to graduate early.  So in the state of California, you have to have a plan of what you are going to do after you graduate.  They can't let you out of prison early without a plan right?  My plan was that I would graduate in December and then go off to BYU in January.  Perfect plan right?  Well it was perfect, right up until I was rejected from the school of my dreams.  I moped for weeks...up until my Dad kicked my butt and told me to snap out of it and take a look at LDS Business College.  So I did.  I went online and checked it all out.  It seemed to be perfect except I wasn't so sure.  It wasn't some prestigious university that was my dream school.  It was a back-up plan that wasn't supposed to turn into the choice.  But what other option did I have?  So I went to the Temple with my Dad.  He had some work he had to do and I just wanted to get out of town and have a change of scenery for a few hours.  Well, as I was sitting in the Temple, waiting for my Dad, I just sat and prayed.  I wanted to know what to do for college and I needed an answer.  Well, I got my answer and it was that I needed to go to LDSBC.  And what a ride it has been.  I moved up to Salt Lake for LDS Business College in June of 2013.  I was the epitome of a typical college kid.  Young, broke, and full of herself.  

But enough about that.  The point is...I have learned a lot from being at the BC.  I wasn't supposed to go straight to BYU...I needed to take a side road and spend some time finding myself before I was ready for that next step.  The peace I felt from the Temple that night was life changing.  I have gone to the Temple for peace ever since that one experience-- I have received it.


You can receive great peace and joy in the Temple of our Heavenly Father.  Try it.  It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parenting - We Can Do It!

Care for Self, Understand, Guide, Nurture, Motivate, Develop, and Advocate are the seven categories that the National Extension Parent Educ...