2017/09/30

Friends With A Lot Of Passion

Throughout my life, I've had friends that are very passionate about things.  Hockey, Fashion, Disney, Actors, and many more.  Until the other day, I hadn't noticed the pattern, but it's all become very clear as of late.  I needed to find something to be truly passionate about.  Throughout my life I've gone through different phases of interests.

I started with Dance and Cheerleading and Piano, then we moved and I tried Swimming and Band and then we moved again and I tried Water Polo and then I left for college and it was all I could do to keep my head above water.  I didn't have any hobbies or things to do for fun besides Netflix and chill.  I loved to bake but that was obvious by my waistline.  I liked to read but just couldn't find the time or books I wanted.  I was stuck and have been for awhile.  Until recently.

A few months ago, I moved in with my in-laws and, besides my baby girl, I wanted to find things to keep myself busy.  I was not just going to sit in my room all day and watch Netflix and take care of my little one.  That. was. not. going. to. happen.And then it did.  I fell into the rut of "man, I live with my in-laws and I have no talents so I'm just going to sit here and do nothing."  Now, I know that's not the case, believe me I do, but it felt like that for a little while.  But one day, I woke up and was like, "I'm going to do things today."  I played the piano for a few hours that day and I wrote a blog post.  It had a snowball effect: I just learned how to crochet and am planning on doing lots of projects.  Every day is now better and better and I love all the new things I am learning!  I feel a sense of purpose for getting up everyday.

How about you?  What are your passions and interests?  What do you do for fun?

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the brightest, multi-talented and most passionate young women I know. It really is a treat to watch your enthusiasm, with your sweet little girl, with your "adorkable" hubby, your music, your crafts and your mad cooking skills. We all find the road ruts a little hard to slide out of from time to time. What makes it hardest to get out of the ruts is when we get down on ourselves about it. I'm so proud of you for not berating yourself for slipping into the ruts, but instead for finding the strength to pull yourself out and then fly forward with that witty zest for life that we love.

    ReplyDelete

Parenting - We Can Do It!

Care for Self, Understand, Guide, Nurture, Motivate, Develop, and Advocate are the seven categories that the National Extension Parent Educ...