2017/10/03

The Dreaded "To-Do List"

To-Do List
We all have things we have to do.  It's a fact of life that we all hate.  We can't just be lazy and watch TV all day or just got shopping.  We have to accomplish things.  For most people, this means a "To-Do List" and it usually has a negative connotation.  My list normally includes things like: dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, sending a card, and some project that i'm currently working on.  These are all little things that can be accomplished whenever I have time but should be done before the end of the week.  Extra things on my list right now are: work on Christmas presents, put together Christmas cards, organize Adalynn's baby pictures, and think of ways to earn extra money.  I obviously have a little more time to do these items but they still need to get done eventually. Finally, I have my calendar which runs my life.  On it is my cleaning schedule, Adalynn's food and sleep schedule, weekly events, and Tyler's work schedule.  These are things that are done daily and if they don't happen, then the next day is going to be a mess.  My calendar and my to-do list run my life and help give me things to do if I ever get "bored."   I no longer dread my "to-do list."  If it get's done, great! If not, I will try better tomorrow.

Calendar
I'm not saying a to-do list or calendar is the answer to everything.  I still get bored, but it is a way to organize my life so it doesn't seem as crazy.  It helps me to have things a little spread out.  Making sure I get certain things done by putting them on the calendar helps a bunch.  Also having a running list of things I need to do helps.  It all depends on what you like best.  I've had calendars from Pinterest, paper planners that separate by day; week; month, paper lists of things that need to get done and so many others.  How do you stay on top of things that need to get done as well as events in your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Parenting - We Can Do It!

Care for Self, Understand, Guide, Nurture, Motivate, Develop, and Advocate are the seven categories that the National Extension Parent Educ...